Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sources

Frost, Adam. "O'Brien, Tim, 1946-." Literature Online Biography. Chadwyck-Healey (a ProQuest Information and Learning Company), 2002. Web. 20 Oct. 2010.


This article was just a quick rundown of Tim O’Brien’s life. The author also does a little bit of interrupting of his writings. Within the article are quotes and passages of some Tim’s books not just the things he carried. To be honest I do not know if I will use this article, I just wanted to practice the citing. If I do use this source it most likely be used for dates and other facts; some examples would be day he was born, when he was drafted, what colleges he went to, or what platoon he was in during the war.

So the next article I looked up was writing by Philip Gerard. This guy is an author and teacher at UNC.  With that being said I’m going to say he is a reliable source. The article was published in The World & I, and the website for them looks pretty legit. Latest issue is for October 2010, no ads, and has all the information to cite you would need. I would say I everything is good and would use this as a source.

No comments:

Post a Comment